Monday, September 26, 2016

Book Review 2016: The Uninvited

**All reviews on Randomness With Rachel are done on a five star rating system. The reviews are solely my opinion and no one else's. Randomness With Rachel does not receive any incentives or compensations for reviews.**

The Uninvited by Heather Graham

I listened to the audio version of this book several months ago (yes, I'm behind on my reviews). Narrator Luke Daniels gave another great performance- he has become one of my favorites when it comes to listening to audio books.

This is another book in the Krewe of Hunters series. Like I've mentioned before, I've read them out of order and it hasn't been a huge problem. I like the American history portion of this novel (some of it was factual and some was made up by the author), but she was very thorough even with the fictional historical characters. I'm a history nerd, so I enjoyed that.

I didn't really like the main character, Allison Leigh, too much at first, but she eventually grew on me. I do like the character of Tyler Montague (he's been a character in other Krewe of Hunters books). If you aren't a huge history buff, parts of this book might not interest you as much since she does talk about history-related stuff, but it shouldn't be too distracting. I actually found it kind of interesting!

Like most of the books in this series, there is a mystery, ghosts, and romance, but the plots and characters are different enough that it doesn't get tiresome to read (or listen to). I normally finish these books pretty quick (unless my schedule is just very hectic). They are a great weekend or vacation read. And if you have a long commute to work, check out the audio version to listen to while you drive. Like I said before, Luke Daniels does a great job! This isn't my favorite in the Krewe of Hunters series, but it was an enjoyable read. 

Book summary:


I always highly recommend Heather Graham, she is easily one of my top five favorite authors. I'm never sorry that I read one of her books.

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I like Heather Graham too - she's fun to read.

    ReplyDelete