Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Weekend Update!

I'm taking a little break from What I'm Loving Wednesday. If you came to link up, please comment below so I can go check out your link! :) Don't worry, it will come back, it's not going away for good! :)

First of all, Happy Back to the Future Day! Even if you have never seen the Back to the Future movies, I'm sure by now you are all aware that today, October 21, 2015, is the future date that Marty goes to in the second film. It's not QUITE what they predicted (still bummed that we don't have flying cars or hoverboards). It's strange to think that after today, all of Back to the Future will have taken place in the past. Yes, I'm a nerd. :)



I started a weekend update post on Monday, and never got around to posting it, so you will get that today!

I had a pretty busy weekend, which started on Thursday afternoon. Some friends and I went to the great State Fair of Texas one more time before it shut down for the year. If you live in Texas and have never been, I highly recommend going at least once. It's worth the trip! I went earlier this month too (you can check that out here).

Yes, this sculpture is made completely of butter

With my friend Allan. We have known each other since elementary school!
The famous Fletcher's corny dogs. Yes, corny dogs. That's how we say it here. Lol
I started a great debate on social media after admitting that I put ketchup on my corny dog. I'm not a fan of mustard. I also put ketchup on my hog dogs (which started an even bigger debate). Lol.
Riding the Texas Star, the largest Ferris Wheel in America
Until next year Big Tex!
Friday and Saturday I attended Dallas Comic Con Fan Days. You might remember I attended "the Con" back in May (where I met Dean Cain). My main reason for going this time was to meet Ralph Macchio and William Zabka (from The Karate Kid). William played Johnny, AKA, "the bad guy" (although after meeting him, I'm gonna be so conflicted the next time I watch the movie, he's really a sweet guy). :)

I ran into some friends I met back in May at Comic Con. My friend April and her son were there, it was so good to see them again. We have kept in touch on Facebook and Instagram since May. Last time her son was dressed in a Superman shirt (he told me he would be my Superman). This time he was dressed as Jimmy Olsen (the photographer from Superman). He's so adorable!


Over the weekend, I also ran into another friend I met at my last Con, Mandy. Her costume was awesome!


My first photo op was with William Zabka. Like I said, he was so sweet. I had asked him on Twitter for a hug, and when I told him that, he gave me a big hug and kissed the side of my head. When I picked up my picture afterward, everyone was joking that it looked like an engagement picture. I swear we didn't dress the same on purpose. Lol. 


My friend Monica and I went by his booth later for autographs. He took a picture with us and even asked for another one with just me. I got another hug (and kiss on my cheek). :)


It looks like Marty Kove is pointing at my butt in the background. Lol.
I loved how he signed my picture! :)


I also had the pleasure of meeting Ralph Macchio. Talk about a childhood dream come true! He was also super nice. When I went to his booth to have the picture of us signed, he told me if he had been a girl, his name would have been Rachel. We talked a little baseball (imagine that) and he said he was cheering for the Rangers a few years ago in the playoffs. 

The Karate Kid himself!
I honestly had only planned on getting pictures with those two, but of course, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet some other actors who were there (it's what I do). :)

C. Thomas Howell. No, I did NOT call him Ponyboy
James Marsters (Spike, to all you Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans)
John Rhys-Davies. He's been in so many things, including Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, and the TV show Sliders. For the record, he was tickling both of us when we took this picture. He's a flirty old guy.
Shawn and Aaron Ashmore. Both were so sweet. Shawn was Iceman in the X-Men movies and Aaron played Jimmy Olsen in Smallville. The camera that Aaron is wearing was knitted by my friend April. She and her son were only there on Friday, but Aaron wasn't able to attend that day. They gave the camera to Shawn and he promised he would give it to Aaron. I happened to notice that Aaron was wearing the camera at his booth on Saturday. I noticed during our photo op it was by his backpack. I told him my friend was the one who made it and asked if he would wear it for the picture. He said he loved it and to thank my friend.
Michael Rooker (Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, Days of Thunder). He was funny and very friendly. Maybe a little TOO friendly. He had been playing with my hair before we took the picture.
I finally got to meet some of my Twitter friends while at Comic Con too! :)

John and I have been Twitter friends for several years now


Was so happy to finally meet Devin!

I was also glad I got to see a few of my friends who I don't see all that much these days (life gets to be so busy).

Jonathan and I have been friends since college
My friend John, who happens to be married to my BFF Brandy (I introduced them). :)
Saturday evening I met up with a few members of my Sunday School class for "Supper Club". Since I'm new to the church and the class, I enjoyed getting to know some of my class members. And the food was amazing! I somehow didn't get any pictures of our group though, I was too busy talking and eating (not at the same time though). :)

Sunday I went to church and then spent the afternoon working on crafts for the Trunk or Treat Event my church is hosting next Sunday evening. I suggested a theme for my Sunday School class's "trunk" and that somehow put me in charge of the decorations. I'm having fun with it though, I'll post pictures next week of it! :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Back to the Future Day. Although, I'm sad that the Cubs aren't doing so well in the WS. I was hoping for them to win. Love all the pictures from the comic con! So jealous that you met Ponyboy. I would love to meet him. I haven't been to a comic con in years. I'm twitter friends with Norman Reedus and when I saw him at one of the comic cons and he knew I who I was, I'm almost fainted. haha

    ReplyDelete