Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What I'm Loving Wednesday!


I'm loving...
That it's okay I've only been updating my blog once a week. Last year I only updated my blog 34 times. This year I've updated it 65 times (and it's only October). I'm doing a much better job this year. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be back to three or four times a week! :)

I'm loving...
That my Texas Rangers are AL West Champions. NO ONE thought we would win the AL West. The majority of the baseball "experts" picked us to finish last. I have no clue what the playoffs hold in store for us, but I'm enjoying the ride. The Rangers exceeded all my expectations this year. I was there on Sunday when they clinched the AL West title. It was greatness. I'll be there again on Sunday for Game 3 of the ALDS against the Toronto Blue Jays.


I'm loving...
My Twitter friends. I went to the game on Thursday with my friend Dawn (we orignally met on Twitter). Then a group of my "Rangers Twitter" friends and I tailgated before the game on Saturday (we had hoped the Rangers would win that day and clinch the title. We will NOT discuss how that game went). The tailgate and hanging out with my friends was the best part of the day by far!

With my friend Dawn on Thursday night- we had amazing seats behind home plate!
 When I started using Twitter over five years ago, I had no clue what to expect. At first I found it a way to keep up with sports news and even some celebrities. And then slowly I got involved in "Rangers Twitter". It's just a group of Rangers fans from all of Texas and other parts of the US who talk baseball. We might not agree on everything else, but we always have our mutual love of our favorite baseball team (through the good times and the heartaches). I never in a million years dreamed I would form friendships over this social media site, but I have met many people who have become so important to me. I don't expect everyone to understand Twitter, but I'm glad I found it and the friends I've made on it

I'm loving...
That even fans from opposing teams can sit next to each other and enjoy a good baseball game. At the Rangers game on Thursday, three Angels fans sat next to us (that is the team the Rangers were playing). They were in town because they had a layover on their way back home to California, so they decided to check out a baseball game. Despite the fact they were cheering for the Angels, they were very nice and we had great conversations. They were funny. The Rangers won, but they congratulated us and wished us luck in the playoffs. I asked if I could take a picture with them (because of COURSE I would ask to take a picture with strangers). Lol.


I'm loving...
That the best part of my day on Sunday wasn't the Rangers winning the AL West, but it was seeing this cutie (he is the son of a friend of mine). His birthday was last week and I had a gift for him- two books and some packs of baseball cards. I was told he was very excited about the gift. :)



I'm loving...
The State Fair of Texas. I went last Friday with a friend of mine. We were able to score last minute free tickets into the fair (which was awesome) and enjoyed an afternoon and evening walking around taking in the sites, exhibits, and car shows. My great-nephew C won a blue ribbon on one of his art pieces and he just happened to be there that day with his school (so I was able to get a picture with him). :)


Me and my nephew C. The sun was on our faces, which is why I look paler than usual
You HAVE to take a picture with Big Tex at the Fair. I'm serious, I'm pretty sure it's a state law
I sit in this swing every year. It's so comfortable and relaxing. One day I'll have a house with a back porch so I can buy this swing. Lol
Just a group of famous musicians from Texas...

I'm loving...
That I might actually get to sleep in on Saturday. I don't currently have any plans and the thought of being able to just sleep without an alarm sounds amazing. No one ask me to do anything on Saturday. Lol.

What are YOU loving today? Link up below! :)


1 comment:

  1. That's a whole lot of baseball love there! You're so lucky that your team is doing well. The Brewers are in some "rebuilding years". :|

    ReplyDelete