Wednesday, July 1, 2015

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

I had such good intentions of writing books reviews this week. Yeah, it obviously didn't happen. I promise Allen, I will write that review SOON!!

So, before I begin my What I'm Loving Wednesday post, I wanted to let all of you who regularly link up know that next week we are taking a week off from the link-up. Never fear, we will return the week after. Next week I will be in the middle of a road trip, and even though I'm taking my laptop with me, I MIGHT not have time to do a post (I also probably won't have WiFi access). But when I get back, I should have plenty of material for several blog posts. Heck, I might even blog every day for a whole week! :)


I'm loving...
That Miss Eliza was supporting Auntie Rachel's Texas Rangers this past weekend when they were playing the Blue Jays. She has been the biggest Rangers fan in Canada since she was born (thanks to a little persuasion from Auntie Rachel). :) She even got her dad a Rangers cap for Father's Day. :)

Thanks to Eliza's parents for permission to use her name and picture on my blog! :)
I'm loving...
That I always seem to meet up with friends at Rangers games. And I'm loving the giveaways this season. Last Tuesday I got a Prince Fielder bobblehead to add to my collection. 


I'm loving...
That I got to see my friend Micah last week (even if it was for less than 24 hours- thanks a lot Southwest Airlines for messing that up). Despite having only a day to hang out, we made the most of it. We went to a Rangers game with our sweet friend Jessica and all risked having a heat stroke (man, I love my Rangers, but day games in the summer are brutal). After that we had BBQ and then met up with our friends Erick and Chance. The four of us had a great evening just hanging out. We got back to my place late and only had a few hours sleep before we had to get up to take Micah back to the airport. Next time I hope her visit is longer! :)


I'm loving...
That Bath and Body Works briefly brought back Cucumber Melon. This was my FAVORITE scent when I was in college. I was so sad when they discontinued it. I stocked up on Cucumber Melon last weekend (no, I'm not obsessed). I actually got a good deal. Everything was $3.50 AND I had a $10 off coupon. I keep hoping that maybe Bath and Body Works will bring it back again in the regular line. Or at least once a year. Maybe I'll write a letter.


I'm loving...
That Aunt Ray-Ray got to see her sweet kiddos last weekend (we are actually cousins, but when they were little they called me "Aunt" Ray-Ray, so it stuck). :) I actually lived with them for a few months when I first moved to Dallas 11 years ago, I can't believe how grown up they are now!


I'm loving...
That Thursday evening I leave on a 10-day, 11-state road trip with my college roommate. We have been talking about taking a road trip for several years now, and are finally going (we used to take road trips together in college). I will post about our adventures on my blog, but if you have Instagram and want to follow me there and see my pictures as they are uploaded, my handle is Averyfan. You can also search the hashtag #AVERT2015 (which stands for A Very Epic Road Trip 2015). We will start using it on Thursday. 

I'm loving...
These two jokers. My friends Chance and Erick are two of my best friends. I like to sing "We're the three best friends that anybody could have..." whenever we hang out (I'm sure that annoys them, mainly because I can't sing). Seriously, these two are always there for me. If I'm having a bad day, one of them will say something to cheer me up. And they can usually tell by a text or tweet if something is wrong (or a lack of a text). I know if I needed anything, anytime, I could call one of them and they would be there for me, no questions asked. They have helped me through some of the toughest times of my life. A girl couldn't ask for better friends. 


They always tell me I'm the best looking one of the group, so I guess that makes me Bradley Cooper? Lol. 

I'm loving...
Books. Are you really surprised? Half Price Books had a clearance sale last Saturday in Arlington. I possibly spent two hours walking around looking through the selection. I ended up with 16 books for $23 (not too shabby). Now, I just need time to read all of them.


What are YOU loving today??
XOXO!

3 comments:

  1. Cucumber Melon is back?!?! Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?! That's one of my favorites too! Oh, I'm gonna have to go to B&B RIGHT NOW...well, maybe I'll wait until I go on my shopping trip this weekend with my stepdaughter. Ha!

    I have a Prince Fielder bobblehead too...as a Brewer. I love all your baseball love. Very cool. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 03, 2015

    I'm drooling over your pictures from the book sale. I would blow all my money there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I'm staying longer. Even if it means more Cherick time. :)

    ReplyDelete