Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'M ALIVE!!

Thanks to those of you who have emailed to make sure I was okay. Yes, I am alive!! It's been super busy around here (I sound like a broken record, don't I?) Last week was just insane. Work was...well, I won't bore you with the details of how bad work was, but let's just say I wanted to hang a few of these signs outside my office.


So, what have I been up to the past two weeks? Grab a beverage, sit back, relax...here we go.

I got to meet Nate Newton (former Cowboys offensive lineman) thanks to my good friends Ben and Skin (from ESPN radio in Dallas).

Me and Nate Newton (Ben is in the background).
I got to go to the Stars home opener (thanks to my friend Michael for the ticket).

Former Stars player Mike Modano was at the game (he just retired). The crowd gave him a standing ovation when they showed him on the jumbo tron.
I had a lot of fun with my friends Michael and Monica!
I got to attend quite possibly the greatest baseball game I've ever witnessed in person. It was game 2 of the American League Championship Series between my Texas Rangers and the Detroit Tigers. The game was tied 3-3 going into the bottom of the 11th inning until the new Mr. October, AKA, Nelson Cruz, hit a walk-off grand slam. I've never screamed so loud in my life. I hugged my friends with me. I hugged the stranger next to me. It was greatness. Not sure if MLB will let me embed the video, but I'm gonna try. I still get chills. Ccccrrruuuzzzz.

A view from our seats
I decorated my office area at work for fall. 

My scarecrow has Rangers fever (that's my rally towel from game 2). :)
I went to the great State Fair of Texas with some friends (I'm also going back this Friday with more friends).

Big Tex- howdy folks!
Trying to face my fear of birds at the Bird Show.

There was a Texas history exhibit there. This is supposedly Davy Crockett's violin (if you didn't know, he's my favorite Alamo defender). They also had Jim Bowie's knife and Sam Houston's hat.
The Texas Star Ferris Wheel.
I saw the musical West Side Story. I'll be honest, it's not my most favorite musical of all time, but the cast did a great job (and I do like some of the songs in it).

A view from our seats.

Me and Monica waiting on the show to start!
I watched my Texas Rangers clinch their second American League title, sending them to the World Series for the second year in a row! Yes my friends, my baseball heart is so happy right now!! If you have been following my blog for a while, you might remember my excitement last year when they went to the World Series (go here for that post). I never dreamed my little Texas Rangers would ever make the World Series, yet alone, go TWO years in a row. Fingers and toes crossed that they win it all this year! Some friends and I had a party to watch game 6 of the ALCS on Saturday night. I sure the neighbors downstairs were not pleased with our jumping up and down (but they didn't complain). And yes, we did go to Academy as soon as the game was over to get our AL Championship shirts!

By the time we got to Academy (about 30 minutes after the game ended), the line was already most of the way around the outside of the building.
My baseball homegirl Monica!
My new shirt!
Of course I had to buy some newspapers
Drinking like an American League champion!
My sweet friend (and neighbor) Donny got me a Rangers pennant yesterday. Wahoo!
Have a great day friends!! Hopefully I'm back to updating this thing on a regular basis!! :)

XOXO!

3 comments:

  1. You might be busy but it looks like you had a great week! I am jealous of your life. You do so many great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not like West Side Story?? Hahaha-- I love it.

    I'm happy for y'all and your baseball wins, but pretty darn sad for me still. Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay- welcome back! Gosh you really are busy! My favorite part was the game you talked about that was so exciting- such a fun feeling!

    ReplyDelete