Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thankful Thursday

It's been a rough week for several reasons, I felt I needed this post as a reminder to always try and find a reason to be thankful.

I'm thankful...
For the opportunity to say goodbye. On Monday I had to say goodbye to a woman who was my "adopted grandmother" for over 25 years. I just happened to be in Austin when I got the news she didn't have much time left (she lived in Austin). I was able to go by and let her know how much I loved her. Although she couldn't talk, she did open her eyes when I started talking to her. She passed away just a few hours after I took this picture. Love you Meem. I'm glad you are no longer in pain. I promise to take care of the family for you. 


I'm thankful...
That my Pop (my "adopted grandpa") is so strong. Before I left their house on Monday, I asked for a picture with him. He said only if I smiled. Despite the fact we were going through a lot of sadness, I love this picture. He looks so happy.


I'm thankful...
For my job. It's been a rough week at my office-we saw a lot of changes in my department, but I'm glad to have a job and for my coworkers. And I enjoy the time we get to have away from the office.




I'm thankful...
For my BFF Mandy. I was dealing with some upsetting news while I was in Austin and she was there for support and to give hugs. It was just what I needed.


I'm thankful...
That I got to see some other dear friends while I was in Austin. I traveled to Austin on Sunday to see a concert with my bestie Zach. I was able to see a few other people in the short time I was in town. Austin friends: next time I visit I promise to be there longer so I can see more of y'all.



Thank you Zach for the ticket to see Brian Wilson. I had so much fun!
I'm thankful...
That I got to spend a few days with this cutie last week. My neighbor (who hasn't moved yet- YAY) was out of town so I got to Holly-sit. 


I'm thankful...
For those of you out there who read my blog (whether I know you or not). Thank you. Thank you for taking time to read whatever I post, whether it's something silly, serious, or just random. So much love to y'all.

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment