Friday, July 6, 2018

Business Trips Aren't All Bad

I know, four months is a long time to go without an update. I'm so sorry. I really have missed updating my blog and hopefully this is a start of somewhat regular updates. So, the last four months have been insane. Mainly because my job keeps me crazy busy and at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do after being on a computer ALL DAY is get on my computer at home. I know, it's just laziness, that's not even a good excuse really. But I've also been traveling some (so my first few posts will be updates for Rachel's Travels). 

Before I get started: So, for people who only follow my blog, I'm sure you are wondering how my leg is healing. It is healing SO MUCH BETTER than I ever imagined. (For those who are maybe checking out my blog for the first time, click here for the backstory on my accident.) I honestly didn't think it would ever look this good. I'm very pleased. Yes, I will post an updated photo, but I'll do that at the end of the post so people aren't shocked with a photo of my naked leg as soon as they click on the link. :) 

So, where to begin? Well, I guess I'll start with the business trips I took back in March (yes MARCH). I will spare you the boring details of the business part of the trips and focus on the little sightseeing I was able to squeeze in.

My first business trip was to Charlotte, NC. We were there during March Madness and just happened to be staying in the same hotel as the Virginia basketball team. For those of you not interested in college basketball, Virginia was the number one seed that lost in the first round to number 16 seed University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Let's just say the hotel was not a happy place to be the night they lost- there were a lot of disappointed fans and players. 

This wasn't my first trip to North Carolina, so I couldn't cross it off of my states to visit list. The conference I attended kept me very busy but I managed to free up a few hours one morning so I could visit The Billy Graham Library. I have to say, this is a must see if you are in Charlotte. I admired Dr. Graham and was fortunate enough to hear him speak in person while I was in high school. The visit was very moving for me (I will not confirm or deny that I cried during my visit). 


The library and surrounding area was just beautiful. Everything was so green and all the plants were blooming (this probably explains the horrible allergy attack I had while I was there, by the time I left NC I couldn't smell or taste anything because my allergies were so bad). But besides that, it was a beautiful place to visit!




Dr. Graham passed away earlier this year- both he and his wife are buried on the library grounds. Well done, good and faithful servant.


The tour of the library is for the most part self-guided. It starts with two films, but after that, you can walk around at your own pace. I got through in about 90 minutes (but I was pressed for time so I would probably go back when I didn't feel rushed). 




This bag and book are given out free to each guest of the library
The next week I was on another business trip to Sandy, UT. Again, I've already been to Utah so it wasn't a new state to visit. 

This was me getting ready to leave on week two of my business trip. I don't know how people can travel all the time for work. I just travel once a year and it exhausted me. Lol.

Again, the conference I attended kept me crazy business so we didn't have a lot of time for sightseeing. I did take LOTS of photos of the mountains though. I will spare y'all and only share two of them. Lol.


Part of my amazing team from work
When we tried checking in to the hotel, there was a mix up and some of our rooms weren't ready (my company graciously gives everyone their own room when we travel). While we were trying to get everything straightened out, one of my coworkers nudged me, and subtly motioned to look behind her. Karl Malone was standing behind us. For non-professional basketball fans, Karl Malone was a phenomenal player for the Utah Jazz. We played it cool and didn't say anything in the lobby. We decided to go shopping while we waited on our rooms to be ready, and while we were in the parking lot my coworker kept saying that she wished she had talked to him. At that moment, he walked out of the hotel towards his truck. She couldn't resist and ran over to him (I followed, of course). He was super nice and talked to us for a while. And of course, we got a photo with him.

The Mailman (that was his nickname)
On our last night in Utah, we made the hour drive through the mountains over to Park City. I wish we had more time for sightseeing there, but we enjoyed the few hours we had. I will definitely go back when I have more time to explore. There are so many cute shops. Park City is where the Sundance Film Festival is held every year. It started snowing as we were driving in. I was with a few coworkers who had never seen snow in person before (minus the snow flurries that we sometimes get in Dallas). My friends back home in Dallas were posting on social media about how it had been 90 degrees that day back home. So of course, I had to post a photo of me in much cooler temperatures. Lol.




Okay, that's a little update. There is a lot more to come soon. I took an EPIC trip with my friend Lisa in April. That might have to be broken up into several posts. That trip involved six ballparks, two presidential libraries, two states I had never visited, and some national parks- all in seven days. 

Oh, for those who wanted an update on my leg, new photo below. It's not as gross as the ones I posted last time. I promise. But as always, I will give you the option to not look. So, this is your out. If you are curious and want to see the photo, keep scrolling......










Seriously, it's a very pale leg. I'm just warning you......















Turn around......

















Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round...















Props if you caught the song reference there. 


















Okay, here it is. Now, when I take a shower or bath (yes, I'm able to take baths again, it's so wonderful), the area gets super pink, but it fades. It is still bruised looking in some areas.

Most of my friends say you can't tell unless you know to look for it. The skin feels a little bit different than the rest of my skin, but hey- the skin grew back, isn't that awesome??



XOXO!!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment