Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Book Reviews 2017: A Study In Charlotte

**All reviews on Randomness With Rachel are done on a five star rating system. The reviews are solely my opinion and no one else's. Randomness With Rachel does not receive any incentives or compensations for reviews.**

A Study In Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro


I really loved this book. I'll be honest- I haven't read any of the Sherlock Holmes novels and I've only see the Robert Downey, Jr movie versions, so I'm by no means a Sherlock expert (so I have no clues how Holmes and Watson act toward each other in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books, but I assume they are good friends).

This book is a modern-telling of Sherlock Holmes, with the main characters as descendants of the original Holmes and Watson. The Sherlock novels in this book were written as actual accounts of the adventures of the detective and his friend.

In this story the Holmes and Watson characters are a teenage girl and a teenage boy. They both end up at the same boarding school together and ultimately cross paths on campus. This book is a journey of their friendship as well as murder and mystery (I won't go into a lot of detail because I don't want to spoil anything).

I loved the characters and the plot development- the book is just a well-written YA novel. I read the majority of it in a day because I couldn't put it down. I'm excited to see there is another book in the series, I look forward to see what lies ahead for Charlotte and Jamie. (I just saw on GoodReads that the author plans to make it a trilogy). :)

Book summary:

XOXO!

0 XOXO's:

Post a Comment